Friday, August 3, 2012

Welcome ADD Photographers!


Back in 2001 I was diagnosed with ADD. I was 47 at the time and working as photographer for Kraft Foods in New Jersey. I had already run my own commercial photo studios in NYC for 14 years before that and had worked as an in-house photographer for Nabisco Inc. for another 12 years. Here is how I was finally diagnosed:
A client walked into my studio one day and asked "did you get my email?" "No. Did it have a lot of words" I asked? "Sure" was his reply. "Well then I most likely deleted it without reading it" I said. It was this very client who turned me in and an appointment was made for me to see a neurologist. My doctor interviewed me for an hour and at the end suggested that I accept a prescription for 20mg of Ritalin Slow Release. 
I reluctantly relented but have found it to be a God-send for the last 11 years.
I'm writing this blog to help folks who live with those blessed with ADD. While I consider ADD to be a gift, it is not always seen that way by those we live with. I have 58 years of experience with ADD and only the last 11 have had the benefit of medication. 

No comments:

Post a Comment